In this project, children will learn how to use variables and lists to make their own random poetry.
Ada Lovelace Day
This project has been created to celebrate Ada Lovalace Day. If you’re a teacher, you can download a School Resource Pack containing which also contains an an assembly plan (downloads.codeclub.org.uk/ada.zip), to introduce children to Ada and her revolutionary ideas.
The ‘Project Materials’ link for this project contains the following resources:
You can find a completed version of this project online, or it can be downloaded by clicking the ‘Project Materials’ link for this project, which contains:
For this project, club members can make use of a Scratch project containing the required resources. This project is available at jumpto.cc/poetry-resources, or it can be downloaded by clicking the ‘Project Materials’ link for this project, which contains:
Make sure that each child has access to a copy of these resources.
- Lists and random list items;
- Repetition (the
This project covers elements from the following strands of the Raspberry Pi Digital Making Curriculum:
- “Code Ada to introduce herself” - Changing the text in a
- “Personalise your poem” - Using a variable within a
- “More words” - Adding more verbs, adverbs nouns and adjectives to the lists;
- “More poetry” - Use of different lists to create a different poem.